The Operations and Project Manager is a critical role in this London based rail consulting and technology business, and you will be joining at a time of rapid growth. You will be responsible for the running and management of projects; the range of these projects may vary from consulting to product delivery. In addition, you will work closely with the Operations Team.
Who we are
Jnction is a market leading scale-up business based in London working on a range of consulting, digital solutions and product development within the rail industry.
Having consolidated our position in 2023 as a critical UK rail partner, we are now seeking a talented Operations and Project Manager to help manage, deliver, and excel on a variety of leading-edge consulting, technology and data-led projects.
What you will be doing
Reporting directly into the Operations Director, you will have responsibility for the full portfolio of Jnction’s projects from a project management, client liaison and operations function. You will be expected to attend client meetings, manage financial relationships with clients and ensure projects are managed effectively in line with Jnction’s project management systems.
Jnction’s fast-paced, rapid growth environment means you’ll be expected to take on several roles, including:
- Project Management: As a critical member of the Operations Team, you’ll work collaboratively across Jnction’s disciplines and be the point of contact for all things project related. This will include being heavily involved in financial management of projects, resourcing and being involved in the bid process.
- Operations: As part of the Operations Team, you will work closely with the Operations Director and senior leadership team on developing efficient processes.
- Account Management: You will be responsible for managing client relationships from a procurement and financial point of view and ensure projects are delivered on time and in line with contracts.
Who we’re looking for:
You will ideally have experience working in a project management role and have good experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously and putting rigorous processes around them. You’ll need to have excellent organisational, time management and communication skills and a willingness to get involved in work outside of your comfort zone.
You will need to be intellectually curious, possess good problem-solving skills, remain calm under pressure and have the ability to think on your feet. As a rapidly growing company, you are just as likely to find yourself working on developing a strategy one day to travelling across the UK the next.
You will need to be excited about the opportunity to help build the company and enjoy working with multiple personalities on a daily basis and have the drive to grow into a leadership role.
You will not be afraid to say when you do not understand something and need help – we all work as a close team and are keen to help each other learn.
Finally, you will also need to be fluent in English and hold a valid UK work visa.
- Project management
- Excellent Time management
- Stakeholder management (mid-level)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Be an empathetic and patient individual
- Rail domain experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- A qualification in project management and demonstrated use
- Data analysis skills
- Understanding of financial management
Why you’ll love working at Jnction
Jnction will give you an amazing opportunity to develop your skills and expand within the team. We would love to see the individual in this role develop into a Head of Operations & Projects or similar over the coming years as we grow.
The salary for the role varies depending on experience; however, the expected salary range is between £40,000 – £50,000.
Jnction operates a share options scheme, which you will automatically be eligible for following the end of your probationary period, in addition to a bonus scheme we are currently developing.
We have also recently revamped our employee benefits and offer a monthly contribution to an employee perks platform, a cycle to work scheme, a £200 contribution towards home office equipment alongside hybrid working with a minimum commitment of 2 days a week in the office.
Finally, you’ll also get to enjoy our regular team social events: we have a lot!
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com